Facebook has this notebook thing that people treat as a blog or an overly personal journal.* So far I have been tagged by three different note meme’s. For Facebook. As if I am going to add FB to the already too long list of things I need to write.
My husband even tagged me.
A good meme idea too which meant there was no way I was going to waste it on Facebook.
1. Put your music library on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write that song title as the answer to the question, no matter how silly it sounds! Most of the time they seem to work though, strangely enough.
4. Ok, go!
5. When you’re done, tag 20 people** in this note, and make sure to tag the person who sent you this.
Here are my answers:
1) IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OK?” YOU SAY?
I Think I’ll Just Stay Here (The Gourds)
2) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
I Got the Feelin (oh, no, no) Neil Diamond
3) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Armagideon Time (The Clash)
4) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
I Hear You Knockin (Dave Edmunds)
5) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Real World (Matchbox 20)
6) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Chickaboom (Daddy Dewdrop)
7) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
Hold Your Head Up (Argent)
8) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
You Might Think (The Cars)
9) WHAT IS 2+2?
Ski Mask Way (Eminem)
10) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Home of the Blues (JoaquinPhoenix)
11) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Saturday Night (The Bay City Rollers)
12) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Brooklyn Roads (Neil Diamond – live no less)
13) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Chantal Kreviazuk/Feels like Home (Various Artists)
14) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Kiss the Bride (Elton John)
15) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
High highs, Low lows (The Gourds)
16) WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Red Ragtop (Tim McGraw – though I am hoping that I have had my last wedding.)
17) WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Captain Sunshine (Fucking Neil D. again and still live.)
18) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band – and I did not rig this.)
19) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Doctor! Doctor! (The Thompson Twins)
20) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Thrift Store Chair (Everclear. Totally random this shuffle thing.)
21) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Peg (Steely Dan – and of course I won’t ’cause I don’t blog on Facebook but if you choose to do this you can do as you please.)
No one is tagged. But if you would like to share a song title that defines you at this moment or one that answers one of the meme’s queries, feel free. I always love to hear whatever you have to say.
*Which I seriously wish some of them would not do. Seriously. When I think it is TMI – we are talking me here – it’s time to step far away from the keyboard.
**It’s FB, people. The assumption is that everyone who hasn’t hidden there profiles has a friends’s list in the hundreds.
6 thoughts on “Like I am going to Blog on Facebook is Monday’s Meme”
Most people wouldn’t recognize anything in my music library, so it would waste both of our times.
What Alicia says—she is sooo profound…LOL
I’m having such a hard time with this meme!
Here’s a different take on the FB note.
I see it as being a good place for things that aren’t “worthy” of my blog. (I am blogging snob, you know.) I’m happy to keep the memes over on FB, so they don’t waste pixel space on my blog.
Then I can save my blog for “real” stuff, like venting about my in-laws (or just letting the world know that I’ve been sick).
I’ll still do memes on my blog, I’m sure, but I’m glad that the last few have been on FB.
“Chickaboom” – oh, yeah! Would love to hear that as a techno remix!
Moon River describes my feeling almost everyday.
I like being tagged, but if I’m going to spend any amount of time writing something for FB, yeah, I’m going to put it on my blog – that’s what it’s there for!
Thanks for sharing with your non-FB friends! 🙂