Some people go to conferences and workshops and take notes; I see blogging opportunities, so being me, I blogged the whole experience … on paper. I will treat you all to it when I get back from holiday. But only in parts! I really have a lot to do as I explained the other day and won’t be online much.
- I am smarter than I realized.
- I don’t like cities much.
- People are far too quick to self-publish.
- There are many professional writers who don’t know as much as they should about online promotion or social media.
- I should have pitched the memoir already. IT’s NON-FIC!! Big “duh”.
- I have a kick ass fiction query.
- I need to polish a short piece to send to On Spec. I am sure now that if I pitch them the right thing, they will publish me.
- I rock.
No packing is done the day before we leave as our per usual. We are outta here for a goodly amount of time and completely off-line, but there will be posts so look for them and comment if you feel inclined to entertain the others in my absence.
Love ya! Miss ya.
6 thoughts on “Micro Conference Update”
Interested to hear what you learned. Good luck with the ms!
Thank you. I don’t know if this really prepared me for tackling Willamette in August but it was enlightening. More today even than yesterday.
Thanks for commenting.
All good things. Enjoy your time away.
Way to go, girl! You do indeed, rock!
conferences and workshops are ALL ABOUT the blog fodder… and if that short list is the bottom line from your time at the microconference? screaming success! especially regarding the first and last items! have a great vacation!
We miss you too and I can’t wait to have a look at your fiction query. I’ll need one myself soon. 🙂