I got this from Savvy Wit & Verse who took it from The Boston Bibliophile and The Bookkitten:
1. Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
It doesn’t matter if the story is a good one though the mass market books tend to fall apart quickly.
2. Barnes & Noble or Borders?
W don’t have either one in Canada, but I am partial to BnN.
3. Bookmark or dog-ear?
I used to always dog-ear but Rob has a horror of it, so now I use bookmarks that tend to be whatever is handiest and doesn’t bend the book spine.
4. Amazon or brick and mortar?
I like to roam the shelves more than I like shopping online.
5. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
That falls squarely in my husband’s Virgo territory because I pile them up at random.
6. Keep, throw away, or sell?
All of the above
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
8. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
They get in the way though I sometimes use them as bookmarks.
9. Short story or novel?
Novels but I enjoy a good short story collection every now and then.
10. Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
God save me from them both.
11. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I prefer ending chapters but sometimes I can’t make it.
12. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
As long as what comes next is good, I don’t care.
13. Buy or borrow?
We do the bookmobile thing every Wednesday night. It is a family ritual.
14. New or used?
15. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
I have done all of the above.
16. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Again, as long as it serves the story and the story was good.
17. Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Evening or night but a really good book has me reading 24/7 until I am done.
18. Stand-alone or series?
19. Favorite series?
Anne Mcaffrey’s Pern series, David Eddings’ Belgaraid and Herbert’s Dune
20. Favorite children’s book?
Harriet the Spy
21. Favorite YA book?
I read Judy Blume as a kid but I loved teaching Gary Paulsen when I was still at the middle school.
22. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
The River Thames by Helen Humphries
23. Favorite books read last year?
24. Favorite books of all time?
Gone with the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird
25. What are you reading right now?
Afraid by Jack Kilborn
26. What are you reading next?
The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine because it showed up via book fairy magic in the post last week.
27. Favorite book to recommend to an eleven-year-old?
The Shadow Children by Margaret Peterson Haddix
28. Favorite book to reread?
I don’t have time to reread anything.
29. Do you ever smell books?
30. Do you ever read Primary source documents?
I had to google this and the answer is “no”.
Anyone joining in today? Don’t feel obligated to answer them all.