With all the counting down that happens this time of year, perhaps we should do a bit ourselves?
But what is the question? Books? Movies. Music? World Events? Fashion?
And should we do best of show or worst ever?
Here is you challenge then. Create a countdown list in the comments. Minimum of 5 but maxing out at ten. Don’t limit yourself. Any topic. Here’s mine:
Top Five Setbacks for Women
(and by extension the other gender)
1) Sarah Palin being the most qualified woman McCain could find to run with him.
2) The media’s sexist treatment of Hillary Clinton. (When cankles and pantsuits are debated seriously by pundits, we might as well start lobbying for our own Liberia.)
3) The Bush Administrations rush to implement protection for health care workers tender consciences (here’s hoping you never need a blood transfusion and your doctor is a Jehovah’s Witness).
4) Oprah is fat again. (If a billionaire kingmaker like Winfrey can’t elude the superficial demons of American culture, the rest of us are doomed.)
5) Caroline Kennedy makes the cut for possibly replacing Clinton in the Senate. (A setback? Surely I jest? Nope, the media is giddy with the idea Kennedy can be compensated for her losses with a Senate seat because being a Harvard lawyer with constitutional credentials out the ying-yang and years of experience running mega charities don’t count as much as having been semi-orphaned and photogenic as a girl-child.)
Can’t wait to read yours.